Around the Boards: Mon. Oct. 26th
- Updated: October 26, 2009
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: It will be a battle of the Jonas’s tonight in Anaheim. The J.S. Giguere out with a groin injury, Jonas Hillier will be starting, and Jonas Gustavsson will be returning from his groin injury. Can the Monster help bring the Leafs their first victory of the season.
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: Patrick Elias could return to practice sometime this week. Paul Martin might have a broken left arm. Jay Pandolfo dislocated his shoulder on Saturday.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Wednesday will be decision day for the Buffalo Sabres on if Tyler Myers will stay with the club or return him to junior. Odds are he’ll be staying.
- Chric Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Jonathan Toews and Brett Seabrook continue to miss practices/games but, “There’s a possibility they could play (Monday),” coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’re seeing some progress.”
- David Pollack of the San Jose Mercury News: Devin Setoguchi and Ryan Vesce both missed last night’s game, and are both day-to-day.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: David Booth of the Panthers is out at least a week with a concussion after being hammered by Mike Richards, who won’t be suspended. Booth was caught admiring his pass, and did not see the shoulder check by Richards.
← Previous Story Tuomo Ruutu Suspended for 3 Games