Dreger’s Top 10 players to be moved, Sheldon Souray Suitors, Boston not likely to trade Rask or Leafs 1st round pick
- Updated: January 27, 2010
- Darren Dreger of TSN: Dreger has put together a top 10 list of players likely to be traded. In order: Ilya Kovalchuk, Ray Whitney, Peter Mueller, Matt Stajan, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Matt Cullen, Lubomir Visnovsky, Sheldon Souray, Ethan Moreau, and Marty Turco.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Potential teams who could be on his ‘trade list’ for Sheldon Souray: Anaheim, Dallas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, New Jersey, Washington, New York Rangers. Better possibilities for Souray and the Oilers: Washington, New Jersey, Anaheim, Dallas, and Boston.
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: New Jersey Devils GM, Lou Lamoriello might be considering making a trade before the March 3rd deadline. There are rumors that they are interested in Sheldon Souray.
- James Murphy of NESN.com: The Boston Bruins have put out there that both Tuukka Rask and their 1st round pick from the Maple Leafs are not available for trade. That probably crosses them off the Ilya Kovalchuk list, as I’d think those would be part of what the Thrashers would want. Murphy thinks Bruins fans shouldn’t hold their breath for Kovalchuk or Phaneuf. The Bruins could bring in Ray Whitney for a 2nd round pick.
- Dana Wakiji of the Detroit News: Red Wings defenceman Andres Lilja has gone 14 days without a headache, a milestone for day him. Lilja has been out since last Feb 28th with a concussion. He took to the ice yesterday, and had some contact with Johan Franzen. No timetable for his return has been set, and of course, there are the cap implications.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater doesn’t expect the Avalanche to make any significant trades by the deadline, they probably won’t deal away any of their young players for a rental. They will look like to trade Marek Svatos or maybe Ruslan Salei.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: There is a chance that the Avalanche will get two defenceman back for Thursday. Both Adam Foote and rookie Ryan Wilson are close to returning.
← Previous Story It’s Time To Find Out About The “Monster”