Ryan not going anywhere, Souray puts Devils on his list? Modin on the block? Injury news
- Updated: January 30, 2010
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: LeBrun talked to Ducks GM Bob Murray about the rumors that he might be trading restricted free agent Bobby Ryan. “Unequivocally, I’m not trading him,” Murray told ESPN.com on Friday. “My plan is to get him signed.”
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: Everson was told that Sheldon Souray might have put the New Jersey Devils on his list of teams he’d consider a trade too.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater thinks the Avalanche should trade Sheldon Souray for John-Michael Liles, straight up. I sure the Oilers could get more Souray than just Liles.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: There is a chance that the Sharks will be without Dan Boyle and Marc-Edouard Vlasic for tonight’s game. Both will be a game time decision.
- Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic: Coyotes winger Scottie Upshall left Thursday’s game with a ‘lower-body’ injury. The extent of the injury is not known yet. If it’s serious, they might have to look elsewhere for help. “Number 1, we’re just waiting to see if this is something significant, long term, then we probably have to dial up our search for another offensive player,” Maloney said.
- Aaron Portzline and Tom Reed: The Blue Jackets are 9 points out of the last playoff spot, and will most likely be sellers at the trade deadline. Raffi Torres and Milan Jurcina have been mentioned in the past, but you can add Freddie Modin to that list. Modin hasn’t been asked to waive his no-trade clause yet.