That free agent guy … Bieksa getting some interest … No rush for Modano
- Updated: July 18, 2010
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: A source close to Ilya Kovalchuk is saying he’s still deciding between a couple teams, but the saga is close to ending. One source is saying the Kings have a 50-50 chance of signing Kovalchuk. The New Jersey Devils still hope he’ll sign with them, and reportedly have offered more money.
Kingscast.net: 15 day documentry/short film on the Ilya Kovalchuk-LA Kings saga.
- Randy Youngman of the OC Register: Is Bobby Ryan not signing the 5 year, $25 million deal with the Ducks because he’s looking for a 3 year deal, as he thinks “he’ll be worth more than $5 million in the final years of the contract”? Or is he trying to get a bigger offer sheet from someone? Ducks GM is looking to add a top 4 defenseman, and Canucks Kevin Bieksa is drawing their interest. San Jose and Columbus have also shown some interest.
- Chris McCosky of the Detroit News: Mike Modano is no closer to making a decision if he’ll be joining the Detroit Red Wings, but they appear to fine with letting him take his time. Apparently there is an offer on the table for 1 year at $1.25 million.
- Andy Strickland via Twitter: Things have picked up in last few days on Lee Stempniak, several teams interested.
- Andy Strickland via Twitter: 3 clubs are interested in Bill Guerin, with the Penguins being one of them.
Should the Bruins trade Marc Savard:
← Previous Story “98% sure” for Kovalchuk … No Sweatt for Leafs … No Love of Lee