Salo out, Bieksa staying? Ryan and Wisniewski still unsigned … Kariya to the Kings?
- Updated: July 24, 2010
- Craig Custance of the Sporting News: Don’t wait for Bobby Ryan to sign an offer sheet with someone. “Bobby wants to remain in Anaheim and they want him there,” Guy (Ryan’s agent) told Sporting News. The Ducks would match most offer sheets.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: James Wisniewski is set to go to arbitration on August 3rd. Wisniewski’s agents wouldn’t rule out the possibility of getting something done before the 3rd. Bob Murray, the Ducks GM, expects to go to arbitration. Last year, the sides signed a 1 year deal before to avoid the process, but don’t look for that to happen this year.
- The Vancouver Province: Sami Salo will be out for at least 3 months with a torn achilles tendon while playing floorball (similar to floor hockey) in Finland. The Canucks have 9 defenseman locked up, 6 make more than $3.25 million.
- Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun: With Salo out until Christmas, the Canucks may not be able to live without both Salo and Kevin Bieksa. Canucks GM Mike Gillis had hoped to swap Bieksa for a top 6 forword, but may now have to look to free agency to add some scoring.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Paul Kariya looking for ‘right fit…’ Los Angeles Kings?