- Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy: Daniel Alfredsson talks at the World Hockey Summit about fighting and the NHL future in Europe.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: “Contract, framework, blank contract = technicalities. If the NHL OKs what was submitted to them, Kovalchuk will sign on the dotted line.”
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: The Devils and Kovalchuk’s agent ran a new contract structure past the NHL. It could be passed today. A source tells Everson that Lou is trying to deal Bryce Salvador and his $2.9 million contract. Dallas could be a destination for Salvador.
- Mike Mazzeo of the Star-Ledger: Bill Daly told ESPN that “There was no new contract submitted. We talked conceptually.” Lou Lamoriello wouldn’t comment on the situation.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Hearing that Kings are still in on Willie Mitchell, but not front runners.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: The Ducks have offered Bobby Ryan 5 years and $25 million, and 4 years and $18.6 million, both were turned down as he’s looking for 3 year deal.
“I don’t want a trade,” Ryan told the Register on Monday following a workout. “I’m not asking for a trade. I want to be here in Anaheim. This is where I want to be.
“If it comes to a situation where there’s heads butting, then I guess it would be best. But I am not looking for a trade. I have no intentions of being traded. I love it here and want to remain a Duck.”
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers GM Steve Tambellini is still trying hard to trade Sheldon Souray. Sam Gagner and Andrew Cogliano are both without a contract still. Souray cleared waivers weeks ago with no takers. There have been the Souray to Caps for Tomas Fleischmann rumors, but the Caps may be looking for more stay-at-home defenseman, Willie Mitchell. Cogliano and the Oilers are off on the dollar amount, and haven’t had extensive talks.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Pittsburgh should decide in the next couple of days if they’ll bring back Bill Guerin.
Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy: Owen Nolan has been skating with some players from the San Jose Sharks, and would like to play for another 2 years.