Kings reach agreement with Mitchell … Bieksa staying a Canuck for now? Lou-Grossman back at it
- Updated: August 25, 2010
Update: LAKingsInsider.com: Mitchell signs with the Kings for 2 years, $7 million.
- LAKingsHockey via twitter: The Kings have a verbal agreement with Willie Mitchell.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Clubs have been notified they are out of the Mitchell running. LA should be announcing multi-year deal soon.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Brian Burke said that neither Kaberle or his agent have expressed that Tomas was unhappy with the Leafs or Ron Wilson to him.
- Katie Stange via twitter: The structure of Doug Weight’s contract with the Islanders is finalized, should be made official a couple days.
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: There is a good chance that Kevin Bieksa will start the season as a Vancouver Canuck. “The trade market is barren” and the Canucks have some cap flexibility with Sami Salo and Alex Burrows expected to go on IR. Bieksa is the clubs only healthy right handed shot.
- Tom Gulitti of the Record: Lou Lamoriello and Jay Grossman are back at it trying to get an acceptable contract for Ilya Kovalchuk. Lou says he’s not frustrated by this process.