Kozlov to KHL … 3 NHL caliber goalies in SJ … Fehr wants $7.5 mill through 2012 … More on Staal, Savard and Maltby
- Updated: September 3, 2010
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Slava Kozlov will be playing in the KHL this season, hasn’t decided on which team yet.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Fehr’s price tag for being the NHLPA executive director is $7.5 million through 2012, players start to “hmm and haw”.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: The Sharks now have 3 NHL caliber goalies after signing Antti Niemi. Antero Niittymaki (signed this off-season for $2 million a year, 2 years) and Thomas Greiss were expected to battle for the starting position before the Niemi signing. Niittymaki doesn’t feel that concerned, but Greiss was more disappointed, as he’s probably the #3 goalie now. Greiss has talked to GM Doug Wilson about the situation, which might involve a change of scenery.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Antti Niemi’s agent said that he had “four or five offers” before he decided to sign with the Sharks.
- Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Jordan Staal’s infection in his right foot will keep him out for the beginning of training camp, the team is hopeful he’ll be ready for their Oct. 7th season opener.
- Steve Zipay of Newsday: Speculation, not a rumor. The Bruins could send Marc Savard to the Rangers for possibly Matt Gilroy, Sean Avery and a 2nd round pick.
- George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings GM Ken Holland met with Kirk Maltby on Wednesday, and is waiting to hear back from him. Maltby would have to earn a spot on the roster, and it might take an injury or 2 to get a spot.
- Terry Frei of the Denver Post: RFA Chris Stewart signed a 2 year contract worth $5.75 million, $2.5 million this year, $3.25 million next year. Peter Mueller still remains unsigned by the Avalanche. The Avs currently sit $950,000 below the cap floor.
← Previous Story Carey Price Re-signs with the Canadiens