Islanders Mark Streit out for 6 months with shoulder injury
- Updated: September 27, 2010
- Katie Strang of Newsday: New York Islanders defenseman Mark Streit will be out for 6 months, and might require shoulder surgery. He may have torn is labrum and rotator cuff, and possibly dislocated it.
- TSN: The Islanders told TSN that Streit will be out indefinitely until he’s able to visit a specialist. Teammate Matt Moulson cross-checked Streit and he fell awkwardly into the boards.
- Chris Botta via twitter: Speculation of the Islanders acquiring Sheldon Souray from the Edmonton Oilers is “not consistent with team’s, um, recent approach.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: According to McKenzie’s understanding, the Islanders don’t have any interest in Souray, his salary doesn’t make sense.
- Jim Matheson via twitter: Islanders seem ‘lukewarm’ on acquiring Souray, but on re-entry at $4.5 million would they be interested?