Hawks expensive rings … C. Clark available … No love for Rolston? Salvador out? Blues Blueline Battle and more
- Updated: September 30, 2010
- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Rings: Picture from Sean Leahy of Rocky Wirtz’s ring. Chris Kuc tweets “$30,000, 14-carat white gold, 404 diamonds & gemstones totaling apprx. 8 carats.”
- Mark Spector via twitter: RW Chris Clark of the Columbus Blue Jackets could available. Spector wonders if: in a Souray deal? some added grit in Vancouver? or a truculent American for the Leafs? Clark has a cap hit of $2.633,333, salary of $2.5 million.
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: There are no suggestions that there is a team willing to trade for Brian Rolston’s and his $5.1 million contract. Coach John MacLean says that Bryce Salvador is “fine” after crashing into the boards. The Devils may end up having to waive and demote players to get under the cap.
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: Salvador underwent ear tests yesterday. He’s missed 9 games in the past because of ear problems. Injured players are not allowed to be waived.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: If Bryce Salvador’s injury is long-term, the salary cap issues are not as serious for the New Jersey Devils.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Competition on the St. Louis Blues blueline is heating up. Ian Cole has outplayed Alex Pietrangelo, Oystrick and Nikitin are still in the battle.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: During Tuesday’s pre-season game, Cody Hodgson started on the 2nd, and ended up on the 4th. It may becoming more apparent that Hodgson needs time to recover from his back injury and gain some pro experience in the minors.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: Marc Savard won’t travel with the team to Europe. From GM Peter Chiarelli,
“He spent the whole time at the team-building (in Vermont Monday and Tuesday). I spoke to him (yesterday) morning, and he’s going to see his doctors, and he’s going to work up his physical exertion test.
“He’s getting better. He’s feeling a lot better. We just have to make sure we do all the proper things – get through the exertion and the impact and the conditioning. He’s still a ways away.”
- Corey Masisak via twitter: Michael Nylander has been loaned to Rochester in the AHL.
- John Seigel via twitter: Luke Schenn has a back injury, but the extent isn’t known at this moment.
- Kukla’s Korner via twitter: (re-tweeted) Andres Lilja is close to signing with the San Jose Sharks according to Gunnar N.