Lots of Roster movement today … 3 teams interested in Morrison … NHL-KHL to play nice
- Updated: October 4, 2010
- Jonas Seigel of AM640: The Toronto Maple Leafs have assigned Nazem Kadri, Luca Caputi, Christian Hanson, and Jussi Rynnas to the Toronto Marlies of the AHL. John Mitchell was kept over Christian Hanson, who probably had a better camp than Mitchell. From Brian Burke,
“If you go based on the way training camp went, I think Luca and Christian could both make a real good argument that this isn’t a fair result. They both played well, but again Luca had to knock out an incumbent—so whether that’s Freddie Sjostrom or whatever—didn’t do it in our estimation and Christian Hanson is not a guy we want playing six minutes a night. We want him to go down and play. He’s a young player, he needs to play. Same with Luca. Those two guys I think can make an argument this isn’t fair.”
Mike Zigomanis was put on waivers as well today.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: The Los Angeles Kings have put Erik Ersberg and Richard Clune on waivers.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Bill Guerin was released from his tryout with the Philadelphia Flyers. Eric Duhatschek via twitter: Bill Guerin can still be a useful player. Could/would he head back to the Islanders?
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: The Flyers have sent Johan Backlund, Bourdon, Gustafsson, Kalinski, Testwuide, Laliberte and Holmstrom to the AHL Phantoms.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: 3 teams have contacted Brendan Morrison since he was released by the Vancouver Canucks.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Viktor Stalberg beat out Jeremy Morin for one of the last Chicago Blackhawks roster spots, Morin was sent to the AHL.
- Chris Vivlamore via twitter: The Atlanta Thrashers have released Fredrik Pettersson, Patrick Rissmiller, Arturs Kulda and Andrey Zubarev.
- Dan Rosen via twitter: The NHL and KHL have agreed to play nice, and have signed an agreement to honor contracts in each league, ie. no more Radulov cases. Pierre LeBrun via twitter: KHL president Medvedev hopes that the NHL will one day play regular season games in Russia. Medvedev may also see KHL clubs touring North America.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: The Anaheim Ducks have sent Maxime Macenauer to Syracuse of the AHL. Left winger Josh Green was put on waivers, and will be sent to Syracuse if he clears.