Rolston to LTIR … Varlamov to return this weekend … Orpik, Bogosian day-to-day
- Updated: October 14, 2010
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergeron Record: The New Jersey Devils caught some salary relief at the expense of Brian Rolston. Rolston will be out 4-6 weeks with a sports hernia that will require surgery, he’s been placed on LTIR. His $5,062,500 cap hit won’t count against the teams cap number while he’s out. They’ll now be able to dress 20 players, they went with 16 last night. Lou Lamoriello also said that Anton Volchenkov probably won’t be ready this weekend after suffering a broken nose and a stiff neck.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Semyon Varlamov will probably be in the Capitals lineup on Saturday as he’s recovering from an undisclosed injury. He’s deemed himself 100% and ready to go. Marcus Johansson (foot) is week-to-week after blocking a shot. Tom Poti and Matt Bradley are day-to-day.
- Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Brooks Orpik missed last night’s game against the Maple Leafs, his 2nd in a row, and is day-to-day with a groin strain. He should be ready to go soon though. Zbynek Michalek left Monday’s game with an apparent shoulder injury, with the team giving no hint as to the severity of it. Bill Guerin was in Pittsburgh to take care of a few things in the city, took in the game with Mario Lemieux. Was he also looking for a contract?
- James Gordon of Ottawa Citizen: Daniel Alfredsson left Monday’s game with a lower-body injury, will be ready to for tonight’s game against the Hurricanes. Brian Elliot will either start tonight or on Saturday against the Canadiens.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Minnesota Wild will make a decision this morning if Andrew Brunette is ready to go or if they’ll need to call up someone.
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Atlanta Thrashers defenseman Zach Bogosian is day-to-day with a shoulder injury.