Thornton’s new deal … Ballard to miss 3 games? Commodore has ‘chip fracture’ in hand … Bourque returning soon?
- Updated: 10/17/2010
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: The San Jose Sharks have locked up Joe Thornton for 3 more years for $21 million. It’s a $200,000 pay cut. Being only a 3 year deal, and not a longer term deal was a little surprising. Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Thornton’s contract breakdown: 2011-12 $7 million salary plus $1 million signing bonus. 2012-13 $6 million salary plus $1 million signing bonus. 2013-14 $6 million salary.
- Ian Walker via twitter: Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard is out with a slight concussion.
- Ian Walker of the Vancouver Sun: Ballard missed last night’s game, and will likely miss the next 2. Winger Michael Samuelsson was dropped from the 1st line down to the 3rd line, Mason Raymond moved up to the 1st line.
- Mark Whicker of the OC Register: Andreas Lilja has his visa issues resolved and will join the team. Luca Sbisa has been sent to Syracuse of the AHL.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Mike Commodore has a ‘chip fracture’ in his left hand, an injury he suffered in the first game this year.
- Roger Millions via twitter: There is a chance that Rene Bourque makes the trip with the Calgary Flames to Nashville. Detroit and Columbus.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning Stars: Fabian Brunnstrom cleared waivers and will likely be assigned to their minor league team. It’s possible that he remains there the rest of the season. He’ll have to pass through re-entry waivers.
← Previous Story Phoenix Coyotes one step closer to being sold to Matthew Hulsizer