Sunday morning NHL Rumor Roundup with Hotstove and SourcesSay video
- Updated: November 14, 2010
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: “The level of talk has heated up quite a bit,” said a league executive. “I get the sense some teams are getting antsy.” Brian Burke is the most active. The San Jose Sharks would like to add a veteran blueliner and might be willing to deal D Niclas Wallin and D Kent Huskins. Teams may be reluctant to give up 2nd round picks this year as it’s looking like a deep draft. The Canucks could be looking to move a Dman with soon, possibily Christian Ehrhoff or Kevin Bieksa. The Devils are also looking for defensive help, “They look to me like a team with a bad defence, an aging goalie and a superstar (Ilya Kovalchuk) that’s having a hard time fitting in. That can be a bad recipe,” said a league executive. If the Panthers fall out of the playoffs they could look to trade goalie Tomas Vokoun and winger Chris Higgins. The Sharks could be interested in Vokoun. The Panthers are also trying to move Rostislav Olesz and his 3 remaining years and $3.125 million cap hit.The Lightning are looking for blueline help. The Penguins are looking for a top 6 forward, Bill Guerin doesn’t seem like a possibility at this time.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Canucks have offered Christian Ehrhoff a contract, they counter offered, both sides are apart, and will table talks until later on in the season. Shea Weber’s side will talk with GM Poile this week when the Predators are in Toronto. Several teams have are talking to Miro Satan. Contract talks between Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks haven’t taken place yet. Steve Yzerman has met with Steven Stamkos’s agent, they’ve begun contract extension talks, but it will take awhile. The Ottawa Senators and Chris Phillips’ side have had initial contract talks.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: 16 of the 20 Maple Leafs dressed last night were brought in by Brian Burke (Phaneuf and Armstrong not included). He’s done okay bringing in some better players like Kessel and Phaneuf, but the team still needs a Brian Skrudland/Doug Risebrough type center “who makes teams better without necessarily scoring goals.”
- Hockey Night in Canada Hotstove with Ron MacLean, Eric Francis, Mike Milbury & Pierre LeBrun
- John Shannon of Sportsnet (video) talks about Jeff Carter’s contract, Mark Cuban could be interested in buying the Dallas Stars, New Jersey Devils might look to change coaches, Miro Satan has a list of 3 teams. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Mark Cuban said in an email he’d only be interested in the Stars as a minority partner, and “only to help him with control of the American Airlines Center.”