Ailing Penguins … Gagne nursing new injury … Ducks-Flyers make small trade
- Updated: November 22, 2010
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Sidney Crosby left practice early yesterday with an injury, same went for Chris Kunitz. Evgeni Malkin didn’t practice. “They are all dealing with some aches, pains and soreness,” Penguins coach Dan Byslma said, but they all should take the morning skate today. Though no one would say what was bothering Crosby, he been bothered by hip and groin soreness throughout the season.
- Damian Cristodero of the St. Petersburg Times: The Tampa Bay Lightning are still unsure when Simon Gagne will return to the lineup. He’s been out 14 games with a neck strain, but is being bothered now by “forehead or sinus pressure.” The Lightning put defenseman Matt Smaby on IR, and Randy Jones is playing with an injured foot.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Red Wings Dan Cleary left last night’s game in the second period with an upper-body injury.
- Eric Stephens of OC Register: The Anaheim Ducks put Josh Green on waivers yesterday and recalled Dan Sexton and Brandon McMillan. If Green clears waivers he’ll be sent to Syracuse of AHL.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: The Philadelphia Flyers traded Pat Maroon and David Laliberte to the Anaheim Ducks for Danny Syvret and Rob Bordson. Syvret had been with the Flyers organization before he signed in Anaheim. Pat Maroon was sent home from the Flyers AHL team a couple weeks ago for “behavioral issues.”