Sunday morning rumor roundup … HNIC Hotstove and NHL Sources Say videos
- Updated: November 28, 2010
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun:
- No timetable is set for Marc Savard’s return. They might bury a contract in the minors, but if one of the players they are considering moving is a defenseman, plenty of teams looking for a Dman.
- Brayden Schenn could be loaned to the Canadian Junior team, and if he’s sent back to Junior, he could be traded from Brandon to Portland.
- The Sharks are still trying to get a defenseman.
- Matt Gilroy would likely be part of any package to bring in a center, and will go after Brad Richards if he becomes available.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets are still looking for an offensive defenseman, and might be interested in Ottawa’s Chris Campoli.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins could be looking for a top 6 forward and might have an interest in Cory Stillman.
- The Edmonton Oilers might be interested in moving C Andrew Cogliano and D Ladislav Smid.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk backs both GM Bryan Murray and coach Cory Clouston. Both are in the final year of their deals, no contract extensions have been discussed.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Chris Stewart has a fractured hand.
- The Globe and Mail: Friday night Mike Modano’s wrist was cut by a skate, his tendon was severed and slight nerve damage. He’ll be out indefinitely.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Lubomir Visnovsky is day-to-day with back spasms.
- Curtis Zupke of the OC Register: Joffery Lupul suited up of Syracuse yesterday, his first game since Dec. 8th 2009.
- Hockey Night in Canada Hotstove with Ron MacLean, Eric Francis, Mike Milbury & Pierre LeBrun.
- Sportsnet Sources Say: Will the Sabres get a new captain. Colorado could move a defenseman. Avs scouting ‘Canes