Bruins need to clear about $3.2 million more … Line changes for the Blues … Chris Stewart out 4-6 weeks … Slewfoot by Crosby (video)?
- Updated: 11/30/2010
- James Murphy of ESPN Boston: After trading Matt Hunwick yesterday, the Bruins now have $300,000 in extra cap space (after Marc Savard returns for LTIR), and will need to clear about $3.2 million more when Marco Sturm is ready to return. According to Murphy’s sources the Bruins have been unable to trade Michael Ryder and his $4 million cap hit the last couple weeks. Daniel Paille and his $1 million cap hit have also been offered around with no takers.
“The trade market in general is slow, but we’ve seen a few deals,” Chiarelli said. “It’s relatively early from that perspective. But what happens too is that there seems to be even more parity this year, so some teams are proactive and they get on it early rather than waiting to the very end. So there’s some teams that are proactive — and I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong — but it’s my job to identify those teams and try and get the best fit and best return.”
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Colorado Avalanche leading goal scorer Chris Stewart will be out 4-6 weeks after having surgery to repair his broken left hand. Stewart broke his hand in a fight on Saturday with Wild’s Kyle Brodziak. Stewart had 11 goals and 25 points in 25 games.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson should be ready to return between the pipes on Friday versus the Hurricanes.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The St. Louis Blues have moved Alex Steen to the top line with Andy MacDonald and Brad Boyes. David Backes was dropped to the 2nd line with Patrik Berglund and Vladimir Sobotka.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Marc-Andre Bergeron is considering offers from as many as 4 teams, with a deal expected to be done by the end of the week. The Washington Capitals aren’t going to trade Alexander Semin. The Dallas Stars won’t move Brad Richards while they are in the playoff hunt. The Ottawa Senators would trade Chris Campoli in the right deal.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Despite battling pneumonia and losing 8 pounds, Kevin Bieksa is planning on playing Wednesday against the Flames.
- Tom Reed of the Columbus Dispatch: Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson is happy with his team so far. He doesn’t plan on sending struggling forward Nikita Filatov to the minors, has no trades imminent for an offensive defenseman, and will not go after a trade specialist.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: The Edmonton Oilers won’t be sending Magnus Paajarvi to the World Junior tournament in Buffalo. Tencer thinks it might not be a bad idea to send him, he has no points in his last 13 games and could use a confidence boost.
- Was it a Slewfoot by Sidney Crosby?