Blues dangling D for Scoring, also inquiring about Bergeron … No contract talks yet for Parise … Blues look into Kovalev … Laperriere clears room for Leighton
- Updated: December 14, 2010
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The St. Louis Blues continue to look for scoring help and could be moving out a defenseman. The Blues have also inquired about Marc-Andre Bergeron, and could bring in the power play specialist if they move a Dman out.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergeron Record: Zach Parise has shed is immobilizing leg cast that he’s had on for 6 weeks. It will still be some time before he’s able to begin skating. Early February is when he might be able to return. The Devils have yet to approach Parise about a new contract.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: The LA Kings have activated Willie Mitchell and placed Brad Richardson on the IR.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The Blues have looked into Senators forward Alexei Kovalev, and are not the only team. Ottawa isn’t looking for a contract that goes beyond this year. Kovalev has a no-movement clause. Still no word on when David Perron could return from his concussion. Tim Kennedy has been given permission to seek a trade by Glen Sather. The Penguins will be looking to sign Mark Letestu to an extension soon. Mike Modano is still hoping to return in March, but there is no guarantee, and the Red Wings may have concerns on the shape he’ll be in as he didn’t arrive at training camp in great shape.
- Adam JahnNo via twitter: Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani skated yesterday, Patrick Kane could skate today.
- Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe: Dupont wonders if teams will call Panthers GM Dale Tallon about Erik Gudbranson. Florida was unable to come to terms with him before this season. Teams, such as the Bruins, may offer a roster player and swapping first round picks. Gudbranson isn’t going anywhere in my opinion.
- Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun: Luke Schenn appears to be fine after taking a puck on the “unpadded part of the inside of his knee.” Mike Komisarek took part in the full practice and could play tonight if Ron Wilson chooses to insert him back in. Mike Brown will be out at least another 2 weeks.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: The Philadelphia Flyers placed Ian Laperriere on LTIR yesterday. Laperriere hasn’t played a game this season due to post-concussion symptoms. Matt Walker could be added to the IR as he was injured over the weekend. The Flyers had about $550,000 in cap space as of yesterday, and by placing Laperriere’s $1.166 million on LTIR, they’ll be able to add Michael Leighton’s $1.55 cap hit.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks coach Todd McLellan said that Douglas Murray will skate today and will accompany the team to Nashville. Pollak also notes, as speculated in many places, that Evgeni Nabokov could end up in Washington or Tampa.
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Ben Eager and Niclas Bergfors were both healthy scratches again last night, it was their second consecutive game. Freddy Modin and Tim Stapleton replaced them.
- Buffalo News: Buffalo Sabres forward Drew Stafford practiced yesterday and could go on Wednesday night versus the Bruins.