Injury notes for Leclaire, Oshie, Eager, Brown, Mitchell and Smith
- Updated: January 6, 2011
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Pascal Leclaire practiced yesterday, limiting to 25 minutes of lower-body work, could be the backup on Friday.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Blues forward T.J. Oshie is taking part in practice but not “battle drills” as he recovers from his ankle injury, is getting closer to returning. He did travel with the team to Toronto, but they are still saying a return could be around the all-star break.
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Ben Eager has been put on the IR by the Atlanta Thrashers with a lower-body injury.
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: Mike Brown practiced with the Leafs again yesterday and is likely to play during the teams 4 game road trip which begins Friday. John Mitchell will be out 4-6 weeks after suffering a knee injury in practice on Sunday. Audio from Ron Wilson after Leafs practice yesterday.
- Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune: Lightning goalie Mike Smith could be healthy to return next week, which will would give them 3 healthy goalies on their roster. Smith and Dan Ellis will battle to be the backup for Roloson.