Conspiracy in Colorado? Stewart back next week? Couture injured … 8 D in Phoenix, may not trade anyone
- Updated: January 12, 2011
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Peter Budaj will get his 2nd straight start over Craig Anderson. Dater thinks “this is clearly a slap in Anderson’s face,” as he’s done nothing to warrant a 2nd game (allowed 4 goals on Monday, has not allowed less than 3 goals in a game since Nov. 12th). Dater’s ‘conspiracy theory’ thinks that it could be a plan to fire up Anderson, or are they losing faith in him.
- Terry Frei of the Denver Post: Avalanche forward Chris Stewart took part in his first full practice yesterday since breaking his hand on Nov. 27th. He’ll likely get back in the line during their next homestand, which begins next Tuesday.
- Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic: Recently acquired Michal Rozsival will likely make his Coyotes debut on Saturday. The Coyotes are now carrying 8 defenseman, but GM Don Maloney has not plans to deal any one of them.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: More on Logan Couture will be known today, he was hit by Maple Leafs enforcer Colton Orr last night.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Evgeni Nabokov’s Russian agent doesn’t think he’ll play in the NHL this season after the Lightning traded for Dwayne Roloson, they were the only offer up to that point.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Kyle Wellwood hasn’t been officially signed by the St. Louis Blues yet. He was bought out by his former KHL club, but the team/league are awaiting the official papers of the release. He’ll sign a 2 way contract with the Blues for the remainder of the season, and will have to clear waivers.
- Katie Strang via twitter: NY Islanders defenseman Mark Eaton will have season ending hip surgery.
- Jim Diamond via twitter: Scouts from the Canadiens, Lightning, Avalanche and Stars were at the Predators-Wild game last night.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: The Penguins haven’t had contract talks with Max Talbot yet.
- Dallas Dave via twitter: He talked to someone in the Stars front office who said they weren’t trading Brad Richards, contract talks between the team and Richards are still up in the air.
- Dennis Bernstein of The Fourth Period was on fire yesterday on twitter, answering tons of LA Kings questions. I will be trying to piece together a bunch of them today, so check back later for a special Kings rumors entry.