Enstrom out 2-3 weeks … Seabrook-Hawks continue talks … Johnson not being shopped by Blues … Muller may look for head coaching gig … Bruins team needs Video
- Updated: January 25, 2011
- Chris Vivlamore via twitter: Thrashers defenseman Tobias Enstrom will be out 2-3 weeks with a fractured finger.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Brent Seabrook and Chicago Blackhawks continue to talk contract extension. The 25-year old is currently making $3.5 million and will be looking for a bit of a raise.
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC Sports: Ales Hemsky (out with a concussion) and Dustin Penner could be made available by the Oilers, but they are looking for what a lot of teams are, centers and defensemen. A team did ask the Penguins about Alex Goligoski and were told he’s not available.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The St. Louis Blues aren’t shopping defenseman Erik Johnson. Carlo Colaiacovo is beginning to get some vision back to his eye, he took a puck in the face again last week. David Perron may try some light exercises in hope that it could lessen some of his concussion symptoms.
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: NJ Devils recent resurgence may lessen trade talk on Jason Arnott. The Canadiens are rumored to be interested if he were to be made available.
- Francois Gagnon of Cyberpresse: Kirk Muller (assistant coach) may leave the Canadiens and pursue a head coaching position. Ottawa, Toronto, New Jersey, and Calgary could be looking for new coaches after the season. He doesn’t have much head coaching experience, but he’s been an assistant since 2006.
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Despite injuries and their recent struggles, the Atlanta Thrashers aren’t close to make a trade. They could use another top 6 forward.
- George Richards via twitter: Tomas Vokoun will be in net for the Panthers vs. the Rangers.
- Wayne Scalan via twitter: Looks like Brian Elliott will start in net for the Senators. Ian Mendes via twitter: Filip Kuba will be a healthy scratch.
- Rob Longley via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Nikolai Kulemin is expected today play tonight after getting punched in the face by Tim Gleason.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Put on waivers today were Juraj Simek (BOS), Mike Silenka (ATL) and Craig Conroy (CGY) on waivers today.
- Joe McDonald and James Murphy of ESPN Boston: talking Bruins needs.