Canadian teams looking to make deals … Eklund spoof video
- Updated: January 30, 2011
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Canadian teams, the Maple Leafs, Senators, Oilers and Flames are all trying to make some trades, with Sens Bryan Murray and Leafs Brian Burke the most aggressive. For the Leafs; Kris Versteeg, J.S. Giguere, Tomas Kaberle and Mike Komisarek (Francois Beauchemin not mention in the article is also rumored). The Sens could look to move Chris Phillips, Jarkko Ruutu, Mike Fisher, Sergei Gonchar. The Flames could ask Robyn Regehr to waive his no trade. Jarome Iginla isn’t going anywhere. The Oilers will see if someone comes calling about Sheldon Souray. “I don’t expect it to heat up dramatically just yet,” said Burke. “A month is a long time, especially in this business. If you want to put a deal together — even a big deal — you can put it together in 72 hours. I don’t think anyone is feeling any heat yet.” Zach Parise hopes to return in the next month, and if the Devils put the future RFA on the trade block, there will several teams interested.
- Damien Cox via twitter: TMZ reporting that Mike Komisarek told the cops that he didn’t hit the woman in the LA bar, witnesses back up his story.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: There is no closing date, but Dave Checkets is close to finishing a deal with investors in a financial restructure of the St. Louis Blues. There had been a search for a replacement for TowerBrook’s 75% interest.
- Larry Brooks via twitter: Though it was in their right for the Islanders to claim Evgeni Nabokov, they should let him go after the season. (I don’t see why they don’t put him on waivers now.)
- From xtranormal: A discussion on Eklund (swearing involved)