Bruins would consider trading Leafs 1st round pick … Will need to offer-up to get Bogosian … Seabrook being shopped … Ballard out a month
- Updated: February 9, 2011
- Chuck Gormley of the Courier-Post: The Philadelphia Flyers have about $3.5 million in cap space, and may look to find a winger that can play on their 3rd line with Mike Richards and James van Riemsdyk (how many teams would like to have them on their 1st line?). Rental players they may look at include: PA Parenteau, Alex Tanguay, Radek Dvorak, Chris Higgins, Milan Hejduk and Radim Vrbata. The Flyers don’t have a 2nd round pick in this year’s draft. Talks are ongoing with Ville Leino, and the Flyers are believed to have offered a 3 years and $9 million or 4 years, $12 million.
- Roger Millions via twitter: A source told Millions that the Blackhawks might be talking about trading Brent Seabrook, possibly to the Oilers. Million’s responds, “Really? C’mon.”
- Mark Spector via twitter: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said he’d consider trading the 1st round pick they got from the Maple Leafs in the Phil Kessel deal: “Yeah, I’d look at it. Sure.” Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Confirms that Chiarelli told WEEI that he’d considering trading Toronto’s 1st round pick.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Zach Bogosian’s name has come up recently in trade rumors. Bogosian was the 3rd overall pick in 2008 behind Stamkos and Doughty. Is he really available? Yes, but it would take a big offer to get the Thrashers to move him. Thrashers GM Rick Dudley would say nobody on his team is an untouchable. They are not shopping him around either, but would listen to anything. It’s a longshot that he’s traded. Bogosian has struggled this year, recording only 11 points in 45 games so far, though he has played better of late.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky was wearing a no-contact jersey at practice yesterday. He’s still recovering from a severely separated shoulder that he chose to rehab over surgery. His return is still unknown, it could a week, two, or longer. Guillaume Latendresse is skating by himself, but it’s unsure when he’ll start practicing with the team.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: Keith Ballard only suffered a knee sprain after being tangled up (some say slew foot) with Milan Michalek on Monday. He’ll be out 3 to 4 weeks. Sami Salo is eligible to return for Saturday’s game against the Flames.
- Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun: It looks like the Calgary Flames won’t be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline. They are in the playoff race, and they don’t have the draft picks or the prospects.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Islanders forward Trent Hunter had surgery on his torn MCL and should be ready for training camp next year.
- David Neal of the Miami Herald: Scouts attending last night’s Blues-Panthers game were from: the Devils, Hurricanes, Penguins, Senators, Bruins, Rangers, Canucks, and Kings.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Tyler Seguin may be a healthy scratch tonight.