Injury updates involving Sens, Sharks, Capitals, Lightning … Audio involving Matt Cooke suspension
- Updated: March 22, 2011
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Matheson thinks the Oilers should look at Capitals forward Brooks Laich, who’ll be a UFA on July 1st. But he also thinks the Capitals will give him a raise on his $2.4 million salary to keep him in Washington.
- Allen Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen: The Senators could be getting Milan Michalek back this week, likely on Thursday against the Rangers. He’s been out since Feb. 26th with a broken foot. Sergei Gonchar will be out for at least a week with a concussion.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks rookie Logan Couture is day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Andy Strickland of True Hockey: There doesn’t appear to be any fracture or ligament damage after Couture crashed heavily into the boards on Saturday. Sources tell Strickland there is a chance he misses the rest of the regular season.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Jason Arnott’s ‘undisclosed injury’ appears to be a groin injury, which has kept him out of the last 3 games, he’s still listed as week-to-week. Alex Ovechkin will rest for 7-10 days. Eric Fehr will play sometime over the next 3 games. John Erskine thinks he’ll be ready to go tonight. The Caps don’t know when Mike Green will be able to return from his concussion. Michal Neuvirth will get the start for the Capitals tonight against the Flyers.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Tribune: Steve Downie and Ryan Malone are wearing no-contact jersey’s at the Lightning’s practice yesterday. Downie has missed 8 games with knee and ankle problems, but could be ready to go on Friday. Malone has been out for 17 games with a mid-body injury, but could be ready next week. Simon Gagne (neck) could be in lineup tonight, Friday for-sure.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators GM Bryan Murray said that Pascal Leclaire won’t be back with the team next season. They want Robin Lehner to develop in the AHL next year. The Sens are not sure yet if they’ll bring back Curtis McElhinney.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: CSKA President Slava Fetisov confirms they are talking to Andy Murray and Mike Keenan about coaching the team.
- Even Drexler of the Miami Herald: Panthers forward Sergei Samsonov has played well of late for the team, and they may consider re-signing him. The Panthers won’t name a captain until next season, Bryan McCabe was their captain before he was traded.
- Fan 590 audio: Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review talks Matt Cooke and what it means for the Penguins.
- Fan 590 audio: Glen Healy talks with Bob McCown and Damian Cox about Matt Cooke and impact it will have on Penguins and rest of the league.
← Previous Story Matt Cooke suspensed for elbow on Ryan McDonagh