Carter injured … Pronger and Seabrook could be back for Game 5 … Video of Richards elbow on Kaleta
- Updated: April 21, 2011
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: The Flyers 1-0 loss to the Sabres last night could turn out to be pretty costly. Mike Richards had a 5-minute major for elbowing Patrick Kaleta, and it could be under review by the league. Jeff Carter left with 2 minutes left in the 1st period with what looked like an knee injury after colliding with Tyler Myers. GM Paul Holmgren said Carter is day-to-day. The loss may also signal the return of Chris Pronger who’s been out for the last 5 weeks.
- Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook traveled with the team and could be in the lineup for Game 5. John Scott could be out of the lineup if Seabrook is back in. Tomas Kopecky has been out with an upper-body injury, is still out.
- Bill Beacon of the Globe and Mail: Canadiens forward Jeff Halpern practiced yesterday and it looks like he could be ready to go tonight. He’s been out with an undisclosed injury.
- Damian Cox of the Toronto Star: The Blackhawks won’t have to dismantle again this off-season. They have $51 million committed for next year, and the salary cap is expected to rise to around $62 million next season. Cory Crawford is basically on the only major contract they have to deal with. They could look to add a veteran center, some size and maybe a new backup goalie.
- Richards elbow on Kaleta. I don’t see him getting suspended.