Bergenheim doubtful … Ehrhoff and Rome ready for Finals … Malhotra cleared for contact … Calgary, Ottawa, and New Jersey coaching notes
- Updated: May 27, 2011
- Corey Masisak via twitter: Lightning coach Guy Boucher says that though Sean Bergenheim has improved but he’s “doubtful” for tonight.
- Chris Vivlamore via twitter: Vivlamore was told the Thrashers-Winnipeg deal won’t be finalized until after the weekend.
- Dhiren Mahiban of NHL.com: Canucks coach Alain Vigneault expects both Christian Ehrhoff and Aaron Rome back in the lineup for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Manny Malhotra has been cleared for light contact and “we’ll see how he progresses.” The Canucks medical team will determine when Malhotra will play, and Gillis doesn’t think the NHL will be involved. Malhotra’s vision already passes the minimum requirements.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier is expected to start negotiations with UFA Andrei Markov.
- Jesse Spector of the NY Daily News: The only way Bryan McCabe returns to the Rangers next season would be if he’d take a big pay cut from the $4.15 million he made last year, and that may still not be enough.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Talk that Craig Hartsburg could leave Everett (WHL) and join the Flames alongside Brent Sutter.
- Bob Mckenzie via twitter: The Senators should be starting their coach-hiring process soon. Craig MacTavish will be interviewed. Others that should be in the mix are: Peter DeBoer, Kurt Kleinendorst (Binghamton), Dave Cameron (Mississauga), John Torchetti, Kirk Muller and Kevin Dineen.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: The Devils haven’t officially spoken with Ken Hitchcock about their vacant head coaching position, could happen next week.