Lapierre re-signs with Canucks … Kopecky’s rights sent to Panthers … Some received qualifying offers, others didn’t
- Updated: June 28, 2011
- Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province: Maxim Lapierre has re-signed with the Canunks, a 2 year deal worth $2 million. Jannik Hansen and Victor Oreskovich received qualifying offers from the Canucks. Lee Sweatt did not received a qualifying offer.
- Chicago Tribune: The Blackhawks sent the rights to Tomas Kopecky to the Panthers for a 2012 or 2013 7th round pick. The 2012 pick is conditional to the Predators. Kopecky is coming off a 2 year, $2.4 million deal and is a UFA.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Benoit Pouliot, Alexandre Picard, Tom Pyatt, Nigel Dawes and Dustin Boyd were not given qualifying offers by the Canadiens. GM Pierre Gauthier had tried to trade Pouliot and Pyatt at the draft but came up empty. They sent qualifying offers to Josh Gorges, Yannick Weber, Ryan White, Mathieu Carle, Ryan Russell, Frederic St. Denis and Kyle Klubertanz.
- Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen: Cody Bass, Jason Bailey and Ryan Potulny did not receive qualifying offers from the Ottawa Senators.
- Ken Beckett via twitter: Tyler Bozak, Luca Caputi, Matt Lashoff, Clarke MacArthur, Luke Schenn, Greg Scott and Ben Scrivens were qualified by the Maple Leafs.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Brian Elliott and Phillipe Dupuis did not receive qualifying offers from the Avalanche. With Peter Budaj not under contract for next season, the Avs will be after a goalie. Dater thinks the Avs will have Tomas Vokoun at the top of their goalie wish-list. They may need to sign 2 goalies as Calvin Pickard probably isn’t ready yet. They could make an offer to Josh Harding, who missed last season with a knee injury. Ryan O’Bryne, Kyle Cumiskey, Kevin Porter, David Jones, TJ Galiardi and Ryan WIlson were qualified.
- David Pollak via twitter: Desjardins, Stalock received new contracts from the Sharks. McGinn, Ferriero, McCarthy, McLaren received qualifying offers from the Sharks. Schaus, Hutton, Davis, Henderson, Loprieno, Swift did not receive qualifying offers from the Sharks.