Several file for arbitration … Some interest in Langenbrunner … What the Leafs offered Richards … Burke on free agency … Kaberle’s interest “limited”
- Updated: 07/05/2011
- Andrew Gross via twitter: NY Rangers forward Brian Boyle to file for arbitration, some goes for Brandon Dubinsky, and most likely for Ryan Callahan. Dubinsky will file, but they are hopeful a contract can get done before their hearing.
- Jim Jamieson via twitter: Jannik Hansen has filed for salary arbitration.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Jamie Langenbrunner’s agent said this morning that a few teams are interested and he’s mulling offers.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs offered Brad Richards a 6 year deal worth $42 million.
- Michael Traikos of the National Post: Brian Burke on free agency,
“We were in on most of the free agents that signed,” said Burke. “We were aware of what they were getting, we made offers on a number of them. The term that was given to multiple players, the salaries that were paid to multiple players just made no sense to us at all. And we have cash and cap space. That doesn’t mean it’s sensible to spend it on marginal players. It makes no sense.”
- Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: The market for Tomas Kaberle according to one NHL source is “limited” and “Not like he wanted.” The Bruins still hold some interest, as do Nashville and Minnesota.