Krejci injured … Players who may be traded … Turris may want trade … Habs injuries … Kronwall-Wings talking … No date for Crosby
- Updated: October 12, 2011
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: Bruins center David Krejci left practice yesterday with an apparent leg injury. Krejci was in the middle of a drill when he pulled up and hunched over in pain. He’ll miss tonight’s game and according to the team: “Krejci will continue to be evaluated by the team’s medical staff in Boston and his status for Saturday’s game in Chicago will be determined later in the week.” Tyler Seguin is likely to take his place between Lucic and Horton.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Custance creates a list of 10 players who he thinks may be traded sometime during the season, 1. Zach Parise, 2. Kyle Turris, 3. Cory Schneider, 4. Sergei Gonchar, 5. Filip Kuba, 6. Evgeni Nabokov, 7. Tyler Bozak, 8. Sam Gagner, 9. Ales Hemsky, 10. Ryan Suter.
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC: Coyotes Don Maloney re-iterated that he won’t trade Kyle Turris, and that if he wants to play this year, he be playing in Phoenix. After Friedman talked to a few people, it sounds like “Turris wants to be traded.” Another GM says he’d sign a reasonable contract with another team. The Coyotes would match any reasonable contracts. If Turris isn’t signed by Dec. 1st, he is ineligible to play this year. Maloney would like to follow the “Keith Yandle model. After his entry-level deal he signed for 2 year, $2.4 million contract before he got a big 5 year, $26 million deal. Calgary would be interested if Turris became available but they may not have the prospects to get it done. One GM on Nashville situation with needing to sign Shea Weber, Pekka Rinne and Ryan Suter: “David Poile plays his cards very tightly. I don’t know what he’s going to do. But I’m preparing as if one of those players is going to become available [by trade].”
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild will know by noon if someone has claimed Eric Nystrom off re-entry waivers for half his $1.4 million salary. If he clears, they’ll have to make a roster move by before 4 today. They could make a trade, put someone on IR, or reassign someone who doesn’t require waivers. Players that don’t have to pass through waivers are Marco Scandella (not likely), Brett Bulmer, and Jared Spurgeon.
- CP in the Globe and Mail: Canadiens forward Mike Cammalleri will miss 10 to 14 days with a deep cut on his leg, no muscle or tendon was cut. Jaroslav Spacek will be out up to 3 weeks. They are also without forward Ryan White and defenseman Chris Campoli and Andrei Markov.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: JP Dumont will wait a couple more weeks to see if there is any interest from an NHL team. European teams are interested.
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Canucks forward Ryan Kesler skated for over an hour yesterday. There was no update but they are still looking at a 18th or 20th return date.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Red Wings and Niklas Kronwall continued negotiations yesterday, progress was made but it’s a slow moving process.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Ryan Whitney doesn’t know when he’ll play. He’s not pain free but it’s been manageable for about a week.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Sidney Crosby: “Closer than I was yesterday, I can’t give you a date, I’d love them to tell me a date I could come back and play, but right now it’s the same. … It’s never fun watching, it’s nice to be getting closer, it’s nice going out there and going hard and not have anything that’s really worried me (for the last couple of weeks).”