Blues sale close … Could Canes move Pitkanen? News on Sid coming? 6 teams interested in Turris … 27 scouts at CBJ-Avs game … Sens moves coming
- Updated: October 13, 2011
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: An announcement that Matthew Hulsizer has signed a purchase agreement to buy the St. Louis Blues could happen as soon as today. It may be a couple weeks before the deal is finalized and approved by the league. The price is estimated to be about $190 million, which would include the lease to the Scottrade Center, the AHL’s Peoria Riverman and an Opera House. Chairman Dave Checketts may stay on to operate the opera house.
- Luke DeCock of the Raleigh News & Observer: DeCock wonders if defenseman Joni Pitkanen “is a luxury the Hurricanes cannot afford.” Some fans didn’t want the Canes to re-sign him this past summer, 3 years, $13.5 million. Would they have re-signed him knowing that they could get Tomas Kaberle at the same price a month later? Would they have re-signed him knowing that Justin Faulk was NHL ready? Would they have re-signed him knowing Ryan Murphy could earn a spot with the team? The Hurricanes could use another top 6 forward.
- Mike Farwell via twitter: The Hurricanes have returned Ryan Murphy to the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Dreger received a cryptic message suggesting that there could be some news on Sidney Crosby this morning.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: As many as 6 teams have shown some interest in Coyotes forward Kyle Turris, with the Flames being one of the teams.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: There were 27 at the Blue Jackets – Avalanche game last night. They have been getting 10-15 per game since the opener. Toronto, Tampa Bay, Winnipeg and Ottawa had 2 scouts each at the game.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Patrick Marleau is expected to play this weekend despite missing 3 practices in with flu-like symptoms. Martin Havlat practiced in Marleau’s spot with Thorton and Pavelski, which Pollak thinks that it may mean Havlat is still aways away for getting into a game. Antti Niemi was on the ice yesterday but may not be 100%. There is no decision yet on Friday’s starter.
- Ben Meyer-Abbott of the Chicago Sun-Times: The Blackhawks have sent their 2011 2nd round pick, Brandon Saad, back to juniors after playing in 2 games.
- K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg practiced for the 1st time yesterday after suffering a knee injury on September 28th, and is close to returning.
- Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen: Bobby Butler, Nikita Filatov and Brian Lee were all healthy scratches on Tuesday. With Jess Winchester and Matt Carkner getting closer to return, the Senators will have to make some roster decisions. Filatov is on a 2-way contract and is a good bet to be sent to the AHL. The Sens will have to make a decision on Mika Zibanejad as well after 9 games.
← Previous Story Wild trade Nystrom to the Stars