Teams interested in Bourque, Brassard and Vermette … Lightning looking for Top 4 Dman … Canes may move Ruutu … Burke scouting Bruins-Canes … Rick Rypien Tribute video
- Updated: October 19, 2011
- TSN Insider Trading video link: The Flames have 12 players who’ll be free agents, but they are looking to make some roster changes now. Teams are interested in Rene Bourque. Hurricanes Tuomo Ruutu and his $3.8 million contract could be on the trade block at some point as he’ll be a free agent at the end of the year. The Lightning are looking for a top 4 defenseman. Mattias Ohlund injury is looking like it will take the full 6 weeks, maybe up to 7 weeks. LeBrun isn’t sure what the Lightning would be willing to give up to get a top 4. Teams are calling the Blue Jackets about Derrick Brassard and Antoine Vermette, but it’s unlikely they would move one of their top 6 with Jeff Carter out.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Dreger isn’t suggesting that Flames GM Jay Feaster is shopping Rene Bourque, but his name is out there and teams are interested in him.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: There has been more ‘chatter’ about early season trades this year than most years by teams who may stumble to start the season. Bernstein couldn’t add specifics but sources in both conferences said their may be early moves.
- Seth Rorabaugh via twitter: Due to the Kris Letang suspension, the Penguins had to put Brooks Orpik on the IR.
- James Murphy via twitter: Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was in the press box for the Bruins-Hurricanes game last night.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Carchidi doesn’t think the Flyers Scott Hartnell will be traded between now and the trade deadline, that his huge contract hurts.
- Tim Sassone via twitter: Sassone notes that Rostislav Olesz at $3.1 million is becoming an expensive regular scratch for the Blackhawks.
- Canucks Rick Rypien Tribute video: