Brodeur out 7-10 days … Flames may be better off keeping Bourque … Seguin to 1st line … Flyers made need to make move … Kadri demoted, then recalled … Starting goalies
- Updated: October 20, 2011
- Chris Botta via twitter: Devils goalie Martin Brodeur will be out 7-10 days as he rehabs his shoulder.
- Steve MacFarlane of the Calgary Sun: Flames GM Jay Feaster declines to comment on trade rumors involving his team. In the past he has said that anyone not named Iginla, Kiprusoff, Giordano and maybe Glencross are fair game. Rene Bourque’s name has come up recently. He carries a $3.33 million cap hit for this year and the next 4 years, and has a modified no-trade clause. They may be better off to keep him unless they can get a something that would help the team now and in the future. Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman and Olli Jokinen have also been in the rumors, but Jokinen has been one of their more consistent forwards so far.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Tyler Seguin found himself on the top line at yesterday’s Bruins practice: Milan Lucic-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin, Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Nathan Horton, Jordan Caron-David Krejci/Rich Peverley-Benoit Pouliot, Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton.
- David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail: Jets rookie Mark Scheifele scored his first NHL goal last night against the Maple Leafs, but the decision on whether to send him to back to junior or keep him up for the year is fast approaching. Next Thursday will likely mark his 9th game, if he plays 10, he can’t go back. There are indications that the Jets don’t want to rush him along, so he may end up back with Barrie.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: After recalling Brayden Schenn yesterday, the Flyers are extremely close to the salary cap ceiling. At some point they are going to have to shed some major salary if they want to have some flexibility at the trade deadline.
- Larry Brooks via twitter: Wojtek Wolski is in the final year of his deal, he carries $3.8 million cap hit, and appears to “becoming an unmistakable object of derision by coach John Tortorella.” Wolski has been out for 3 games with a groin issue. When Tortorella was asked if Wolski would be in against the Flames, Torts responded: “We can’t get him out of the tub.” When asked if it was part of treatment for the groin, he responded: “I guess.” Marty Biron might get the start tonight.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs assigned Nazem Kadri to the AHL yesterday. Tim Wharnsby via twitter: Nazem Kadri will now replace the injured Colby Armstrong.
- Allen Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen: Craig Anderson will get the start in net for the Senators.
- Tracey Myers via twitter: Corey Crawford will start in net for the Blackhawks.
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks against the Predators.
- Globe and Mail Podcast with Matthew Skekeres, Sean Gordon and James Mirtle.