Turris asks for trade … Reimer has concussion according to the Monster … Gudbranson stays … Regin out 6-8 weeks
- Updated: 10/27/2011
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Kyle Turris’ agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirms that Turris has asked Coyotes for a trade.
“This has never been about money, we’ve been upfront with the club from Day 1,” Overhardt told ESPN.com Thursday. “We’ve respectfully requested that the player had the opportunity to move forward in his career by having a fresh start.”
Coyotes GM Don Maloney in an email today:
“The CBA gives us certain rights to Turris and we are exercising our rights,” Maloney told ESPN.com in an email Thursday. “There will be a point in the future Turris will have the right to decide who he wants to play for and how much he will accept.
“He is not at this stage, given his age and experience. If he wants to play in the NHL this season, he will re-sign with us. We will not trade his rights under any circumstances and are prepared to live with the consequences if he decides to sit out this, and future, seasons.”
If Turris doesn’t sign by Dec. 1st, he can’t play this season.
- Rob Longley via twitter: Ben Scrivens will back up Jonas Gustavsson tonight. James Reimer is still not ready. James Mirtle via twitter: Gustavsson called Reimer’s injury a concussion, which is not what the team has been saying. James Mirtle via twitter: Ron Wilson says that team doctors haven’t called Reimer’s injury a concussion, that he’s 90+%, and that they are just being cautious with him. David Alter via twitter: The Maple Leafs can’t put Reimer on the IR retroactively since it’s only been 5 days. The Leafs have used both their emergency call-ups for the year. Chris Johnston via twitter: Johnston notes the Leafs failure to sign a proven backup is coming into question with the injury to Reimer. James Mirtle via twitter: With Tim Connolly in the lineup, Nazem Kadri has been sent to the AHL.
- Ken Warren via twitter: Official news that Erik Gudbranson is staying with the Panthers.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators forward Peter Regin will be out 6 to 8 weeks rehabbing his shoulder, no surgery.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: League sources say there haven’t been any financial issues with the ownership situation in St. Louis. Meaning the Blues are not currently in need of the NHL’s assistance to make payroll etc.
- Mike Morreale via twitter: Steve Bernier signed an AHL contract with the Albany Devils.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: “Gauthier’s firing of Pearn was a message to Martin. Pearn and Martin are close friends. They worked together for 10+ years in OTT + MTL.”
- James Gordon via twitter: Senators lines: Greening-Spezza-Michalek, Foligno-DaC-Alfredsson, Daugavins-Smith-Neil, Condra-Konopka-Winchester
- John Vogl via twitter: Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres tonight against the Blue Jackets. Mike Weber is the odd man out on the blueline.
- Mike Morreale via twitter: Marc-Andre Fleury will start in net for the Penguins.