Afternoon notes on the Flyers, Keith, Suter, Duchene, DiPietro, Gustavsson, Beagle, Mason … Lines for Rangers, Jets, Wild, Jackets and Caps
- Updated: November 3, 2011
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: A source has said that the Flyers are not looking to make a move to bolster their depth. Danny Briere, Matt Read, Brayden Schenn and Chris Pronger are out. Briere is a possibility to play tonight. Buzz started on Tuesday when GM Paul Holmgren, their pro scout Al Hill, and director of player development Dave Brown were at the Capitals-Ducks game. The Flyers were thought to have interest a depth defenseman from the Ducks, possibly Sheldon Brookbank. They appear to be satisfied with their team for now.
“They’ve made it clear that they are not willing to make a trade to just make a trade,” the source said. “They don’t have that much wiggle room under the salary cap and it’s not as if they’re in a tailspin. No matter, they would have no shortage of teams to deal with, as Columbus, Boston and others try to sort out their problems.”
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: As noted earlier this week, Ryan Suter’s agent will resume talks with the Predators around Nov. 14th-15th.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith is still day-to-day and is uncertain for tomorrow. Ray Emery could start in net.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche center Matt Duchene has been moved to the left wing on a line with Paul Stastny and Milan Hejduk. The other lines are Lindstrom-Galiardi-Jones and Landeskog-O’Reilly-Winnik.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Rick DiPietro will start in net for the Islanders tonight.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Indications are that Jonas Gustavsson will start in net tonight against the Blue Jackets. Mirtle thinks that Reimer will be back on Saturday.
- Steve Zipay of Newsday: Projected Rangers lines: Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan; Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik; Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko; Anisimov-Christensen-Deveaux. Healthy scratch: Avery.
- Brian Compton of NHL.com: Jets lines: Andrew Ladd – Bryan Little – Kyle Wellwood, Evander Kane – Nik Antropov – Alexander Burmistrov, Kenndal McArdle – Tim Stapleton – Blake Wheeler, Tanner Glass – Jim Slater – Chris Thorburn. Defensive pairings: Randy Jones – Dustin Byfuglien, Brett Festerling – Zach Bogosian, Johnny Oduya – Mark Flood.
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Wild lines: Heatley-Koivu-Latendresse Bouchard-Cullen-Setoguchi Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Johnson Gillies-Powe-Staubitz.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets lines: Prospal – MacKenzie – Nash; Calvert – Vermette – Johansen; Umberger – Pahlsson – Bass; Giroux – Brassard – Dorsett.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals lines at practice: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin. Eakin-Johansson-Perreault. Chimera-Laich-Ward-King. Hendricks-Halpern-Knuble.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals forward Jay Beagle hopes to be back on the ice practicing tomorrow.
- James Mirtle via twitter: The Jets have put goalie Chris Mason on the IR.