Nash not getting traded … Carter didn’t ask for a trade … Canes shopping Kaberle … Omark and Gagner Leafs rumors … Jagr, Lombardi and Nabokov injured
- Updated: November 18, 2011
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson has never brought up Rick Nash’s name in trade talks. Other teams have obviously asked about Nash, but were quickly turned down.
“Rick has never asked for a trade, contrary to what has been reported,” his agent Joe Resnick told ESPN.com on Thursday. “Rick is focused on trying to turn things around in Columbus and help the team get some wins.”
Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke has admitted he’s looking for a goalie:
“We’re seeing what’s available and seeing what the price tag is,” GM Brian Burke told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon. “Obviously nothing has tickled our fancy yet.”
James Reimer has been listed as day-to-day for weeks and still hasn’t started skating. Burke added: “so at some point we have to get a goaltender in here to bridge the gap until he’s healthy.”
Ryan Suter’s agent, Neil Sheehy, on contract talks with the Predators: “It’s ongoing; there won’t be a deal while I’m here in town.” “We’re continuing to talk, and that’s about all I can say at this point.”
- RDS through google translate: RDS reported that Blue Jackets forward Jeff Carter has already asked for a trade. Carter has missed time with a foot injury and has only played in 7 games. Renaud Lavoie of RDSthrough google translate: Teams looking to improve will likely have asked about Carter. The Blue Jackets don’t want to get rid of him. Lavoie contacted Carter’s agent, Rick Curran, who said that Carter didn’t ask for a trade despite the rumors.
- Darren Dreger of TSN: This weekend could determine the fate of Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice. Sources are saying that GM Jim Rutherford is looking to trade for a forward and is dangling defenseman Tomas Kaberle and Bryan Allen, even though Joni Pitkanen is out with an injury.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers center Sam Gagner keeps being mentioned in trade rumors, one involving Maple Leafs defenseman Cody Franson or possibly landing with the Blackhawks, reuniting him with his London Knights linemate, Patrick Kane.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Matheson doesn’t think the Oilers need to trade for a defenseman even with Cam Barker being out till March and with Ryan Whitney having injury issues the last year. Whitney is expected to be back in the lineup next week. When Whitney returns they’ll have 7 defenseman, so they may not have a need for a Cody Franson. The Leafs are hurting for a forward due to recent injuries. Linus Omark is trade chip for Oilers GM Steve Tambellini. Matheson wonders if Omark and a 2nd round pick could get Franson? Burke may rather have Gagner than Omark, but he’s had ankle and back issues so far this season. Other defenseman that aren’t playing much that the Oilers could look at are: Jim Vandermeer (SJ), Matt Walker (PHI), Shaone Morrisson (BUF), Jason Strudwick or their prospect Colten Teubert.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill was admitted to a hospital in Montreal yesterday with an undisclosed virus.
- Frank Servalli via twitter: Flyers winger Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Jonas Seigel via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Matthew Lombardi was injured in last night’s game and left the arena with his arm in a sling.
- Katie Strang via twitter: Islanders goalie Nabokov suffered a groin injury in last night’s game and will be re-evaluated today.
- Adam Jahns via twitter: Brent Seabrook is out tonight and probably won’t play until they head to California. Michael Frolik is questionable against Calgary.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Ryan Kesler has a stiff shoulder. Keith Ballard has back spasms. Mason Raymond has been cleared for contact.