Sunday morning NHL rumors and injury notes … Sources Say video
- Updated: November 20, 2011
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: NHL coaches that could be in trouble are Brent Sutter (CAL), Paul Maurice (CAR), Joe Sacco (COL), Bruce Boudreau (WASH) and Scott Arniel (CBJ). The Flames are going to have to consider trading Jarome Iginla if they are out of the playoff race close to the trade deadline. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson continues to look for deals involving Derick Brassard, Antoine Vermette and Steve Mason for whatever they can get for them. There has been significant interest in Vermette. The Maple Leafs are expected to offer Jonas Gustavsson in a deal if they go after a goalie. Names available are Jonathan Bernier (LA), Scott Clemmensen (FLA), Chris Mason (WIN) and Anders Lindback (NASH). Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been trying to add a center and could be interested in Oilers Sam Gagner. The Flyers are getting closer to moving defenseman Matt Carle, with the Flyers willing to take a draft pick in return. The Oilers and Ducks could use some help on the blueline. Nothing new on Kyle Turris. A league executive believes he’ll sign a deal with the Coyotes by Dec. 1st, and then get dealt.
- Dave Hilson of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will be out 8 weeks with a broken arm. His arm requires surgery.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: The Panthers recalled Jacob Markstrom yesterday as backup goalie Scott Clemmensen was too sore to go after coming off his shutout on Tuesday. Rumors of the Maple Leafs looking for a goalie are still out there.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers will be without Corey Potter for a month and Andy Sutton for 7 to 10 days.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and winger Michael Frolik both skated yesterday and are expected back in the lineup in the next game or two.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen will resume skating today. He’s missed their last 4 games. Cam Ward will start in net for the Hurricanes today against the Maple Leafs.
- Jason Botchford via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks today.
- Sportsnet Sources Say: