Bogosian gets nothing … Turris could be staying for now … Pronger, Morrow, and Gomez out tonight … Whitney returns
- Updated: November 25, 2011
- Darren Dreger via twitter: There will be no fine or suspension for Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: It doesn’t look like the Coyotes will be trading Kyle Turris anytime soon. One league executive said:
“I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Hard to give up on a No. 3 pick for any organization,”
“Maybe before the trade deadline, but he’s going to have to play some games and contribute so teams are able to find out where he’s at.
“This wasn’t a well-thought-out plan by Turris and his camp.”
The Flames, Canucks, Maple Leafs, Islanders, Blues and Senators have shown interest at some point. If Maloney does decide to deal him, he’ll want young assets in return. Mika Zibanejad or Jared Cowen don’t make much sense for the Senators but they do have other high-end prospects.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: Kyle Turris will skate with the Coyotes today for the 1st time since signing his contract.
“I don’t have any regrets,” Turris said Thursday. “I’m just going to go out and work hard and try to help the team win and whatever happens happens.”
The Coyotes will have to see if the relationship can mend or they will move him.
“Sometimes, you kiss and make up and you’re family forever,” Maloney told the Arizona Republic. “In some cases, it doesn’t work and then you have to make a change. I’m hopeful it will work out.”
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger didn’t practice yesterday and is likely out for tonight. He’s missed the last 2 games due to a virus.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: The Stars will likely be without Brenden Morrow for the next 3 dames. Morrow missed Wednesday’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens forward Scott Gomez suffered a groin injury on Wednesday and will not play tonight against the Flyers or on Saturday against the Penguins.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Oilers defenseman Ryan Whitney confirms he’ll be back in the lineup tonight.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: The Sabres have called up their 2009 1st round pick, Zack Kassian. Tyler Ennis ruled himself out for tonight. Patrick Kaleta has a lower-body injury and there is no timetable for Brad Boyes return.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Niklas Backtrom was back practicing with the Wild yesterday, so it’s possible he could start tonight against the Oilers.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Capitals Cody Eakin was able to practice yesterday after being hit by Bogosian. “No headaches or anything, definitely not a concussion,” said Eakin. “I was buzzing a little bit after, but I don’t think the impact was too, too solid.”
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome did not break his thumb on Wednesday, and is questionable for tonight.
- Terry Koshan via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tonight against the Maple Leafs.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks tonight against the Coyotes.