- Randy Youngman of the OC Register: The Ducks have lost 6 in a row, and sit 1 point out of last place with 6-12-4 record. Is it time to fire the coach? Trade one of their top players? They’re likely not going to fire Randy Carlyle. Bobby Ryan said “So we can’t blame them if they pull the trigger on something.” If GM Bob Murray were to make a major trade, it would likely involve Ryan Getzlaf or Bobby Ryan, as Corey Perry is probably untouchable.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: 8 teams have called Coyotes GM Don Maloney within a half hour after they signed Kyle Turris. Two teams were strongly considering signing him to an offer sheet.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Blues forward Andy McDonald’s concussion status is “status quo.” He’s not skating yet. On David Perron
“There’s no target date for his return, but he’s skating with the team in full practice situations,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong told ESPN.com on Friday. “When he feels he can go, we’ll put him in.”
Panthers GM Dale Tallon:
“We’re not going to do much. We’re going to keep to the same plan, we’re going to stick with it and see where it takes us,” Tallon told ESPN.com. “There’s a long way to go yet before we make decisions on this team [ahead of the Feb. 27 trade deadline]. But we know we got some good prospects coming so that’s exciting.”
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: James van Riemsdyk will be out a week or two with an undisclosed injury.
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens coach Jacques Martin said that there’s a possibility that Andrei Kostitsyn returns to their lineup. He’s been out 10 games with a groin injury.
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun: Defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and forward David Steckel left last night’s game Maple Leafs game after blocking shots.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: The Avalanche had Matt Duchene and Paul Stastny back together at practice yesterday, with Milan Hejduk on the right side. Gabriel Landeskog, Ryan O’Reilly and Daniel Winnik were reunited. TJ Galiardi centered Cody McLeod and David Jones. Defenseman Erik Johnson has a groin injury and is doubtful against the Oilers. Peter Mueller also has a groin injury and hasn’t skated for 3 days.
- Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald: Blake Comeau will play on the Flames 3rd line with Roman Horak and Lee Stempniak.