So with the Ducks firing Randy Carlyle and hiring Bruce Boudreau, the Bobby Ryan trade rumors are likely over. Unless they get blown away by an offer, he’s likely staying in Anaheim.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers never reached the stage in negotiations where they made the Ducks an offer for Bobby Ryan. The Ducks never identified the players they wanted from the Rangers. Rangers GM never gave a concrete proposal, though he established the “general parameters” of what they could be willing to send to Anaheim. If the Ducks decide to later this season that they want to trade Ryan and they are looking for 2 prime roster players, a prospect and draft pick, the Rangers won’t be interested.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ryan didn’t last long on the 3rd line. He’s back on the top lie with Getzlaf and Perry.
Nick Kypreos via twitter: Ducks GM Bob Murray has told Bobby Ryan he’s off the trade market today. Ryan’s desire to be moved is no longer an issue.
Larry Brooks via twitter: Brooks was told Anaheim didn’t make specific requests to Rangers/teams but asked for trade offers, then for better ones.
Jim Matheson via twitter: Matheson can’t understand why the Ducks would want to part with Ryan. Every team is looking for a player like Ryan, and they have the real Ryan.
Chris Botta via twitter: Despite the coaching change, the Ducks are considering trading Ryan and others.
Pierre LeBrun and Scott Burnside: Both Burnside and LeBrun would be surprised if Ryan is moved in the short term. The coaching change has bought Murray some time. LeBrun thinks there is a chance he could be moved at some point if Murray gets the deal he wants for him.
10:00 AM – most of the notes mentioned for today were made before Carlyle was fired.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: There is no way Bobby Ryan gets traded now. Boudreau will fix what is wrong.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Bob McKenzie said on TSN last night the Sabres, Predators, Flyers, Maple Leafs, Canucks and Capitals COULD be interested in Ryan.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: A team that was interested in Ryan said last night that based on the asking price, a coaching change was more likely.
- John Boruk via twitter: Don’t assume that the Rangers or any other team would have to “unload the farm” for Ryan. Someone willing to give up 1st round picks could get him.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Bruins forward David Krejci on Ryan trade rumors: “I love the city. I love the team. Everybody gets along. Were winning. I want to stay here”
- Luke DeCock via twitter: The Hurricanes may not have the ammo to make a deal for Ryan if they do want to move him.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Elliott doesn’t see the Kings trading for Ryan.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Bernstein doesn’t see how the Rangers are the front-runners Ryan if Staal, McDonagh, Girardi and Sauer are untouchable.
- John Boruk via twitter: Source close to Anaheim situation is saying that a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent, with talks having been ongoing for weeks. The Flyers are not involved, and the Rangers may be the front runners. A trade “could” be done by the end of the week. Tampa Bay is also showing interest.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Also reporting that the Flyers are not in on Ryan.
- Jeff Miller of the OC Register: Ryan practiced with the 3rd line today, and is expected to start there tonight.
“We’ve talked about moving Bobby and not moving Bobby off of that line,” Carlyle explained. “We still think that that group is going to have to play together for an extended period of time. Because you make a change for one game or two games, there’s nothing etched in stone.”
Randy Carlyle talked to Ryan this morning and later said:
“He has to find that inner peace in himself to deal with it,” Carlyle said. “When you go through situations in which we’re going through right now, these are the things that do come up.”
- Chris Botta via twitter: It may not be a Bobby Ryan deal, but the Ducks and Sabres are discussing a possible trade.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Bobby Ryan is aware of the trade rumors surrounding him, and that he could be on his way out. “I wouldn’t be surprised,” Ryan told the Register on Tuesday. “That’s all I’ll say about that.” Ducks GM Bob Murray added: “at any time if we get offered a deal on any player that makes this team better, we would have to take a long, hard look at that.” Ryan added: “If they feel like the Ducks are going to get better and I’m going to get chance to play somewhere else, I guess I would. But I’m certainly not thinking about it day in and day out.”
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: A sources confirms the Ducks are listening to offer for Bobby Ryan. Another source added: “they’re listening on a lot of guys. They have to at this point.” It’s not that the Ducks are shopping Ryan, but teams are calling about him. The Hurricanes and Ducks have talked about Ryan. A deal with anyone would likely involve a young defenseman, young forward and a high draft pick.
- Kevin Paul Dupont via twitter: For the Bruins to get Ryan, it may take a package of David Krejci, Dougie Hamilton and a 2nd round pick.
- Sportsnet.ca: 6 teams that need Bobby Ryan: Maple Leafs, Rangers, Flames, Flyers, Devils and Panthers.
- Brian Huddle via twitter: Huddle made note that Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 said that Anaheim would be looking for a #2 center, Top 4 defenseman, and a 1st/prospect for Bobby Ryan.
- TSN 1050 Audio: Bob McKenzie talks about the Bobby Ryan rumours, the Burke era in Toronto, the Max Pacioretty suspension.
- TSN 1050 Audio: Darren Dreger talks with possible Ron Wilson contract extension, rumours surrounding Bobby Ryan, Randy Carlyle and Jarome Iginla.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Bobby Ryan is skating at the Ducks practice and has been told there is absolutely nothing imminent with him.
- Gus Katsaros via twitter: A Ryan trade would likely fetch a Kessel type return, 2 first round picks ++. Katsaros adds “There’s also something strange about moving a player of Ryan’s ability to build depth. Especially mid-season. #doesntmakesense.”
- Larry Brooks via twitter: A source has said the Rangers have had preliminary talks with the Ducks about Ryan. Their level of interest or ability to make a deal is unclear. It could just be “tire-kicking” or it could be more. The Rangers wouldn’t trade Derek Stepan or Ryan McDonagh, among others. Dennis Bernstein via twitter: To fit Ryan in, the Rangers would have to clear $5 million. The Ducks aren’t taking Wojtek Wolski back. Bernstein doesn’t think they have the assets, and not a good match.
- BD Galiof via twitter: If Ryan is for sale, can guarantee that Islanders GM Garth Snow has had a conversation.
- Kevin Paul Dupont via twitter: A Ryan for Nathan Horton deal would be easy for the Bruins to make. “Krejci for Ryan…hmmmm.”
- Dustin Leed via twitter: When talking to people, it’s all about a defenseman for the Flyers. ‘Interest’ in Ryan has always been there for the Flyers though.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: Maple Leafs scouts have been at Ducks games the last couple weeks.
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Cox thinks the Leafs and every other team should be interested in Ryan. He thinks it would take a young defenseman, maybe one of Luke Schenn, Carl Gunnarson or Cody Franson. Stuart Percy is a young blueliner they may like. Nazem Kadri could be included. Nikolai Kulemin might make sense despite his off year. A 2012 1st round pick could also come into play. Cox then packages Kulemin and Franson for Ryan or Schenn and Kadri for Ryan.