- Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald: Flames GM Jay Feaster on Jarome Iginla rumors (video at the bottom of the post):
“Yours? OK, I’ll look straight into yours and I will tell you that it is not true. Jarome Iginla has not been asked to waive his no-trade (clause). Jarome Iginla has not demanded a trade or asked for a trade. There is no list. There is no smoking gun. This is nobody on the grassy knoll. What else do you need?”
Feaster on the Flames coaching:
“You know what? I’m happy with this coaching staff — that’s probably the dreaded vote of confidence or whatever they call it,” said Feaster. “This coaching staff has done a good job. They work hard. They have done a good job of teaching. We all know the results are not where they need to be. But, despite the results not being there, this is not a group (of players) that has tuned out the coaches. There’s no issue, from my perspective, with Brent or his coaches.”
Feaster on Cory Sarich’s trade request:
“Whether that’s in my office or on the bus or in the hotel suite or in the corridor on the road, those conversations are not something I feel comfortable about sharing with the media,” said Feaster. “Cory’s an important part of the group here. Cory’s an important part of the mix right now. It isn’t just the kids that have an opportunity (in the absence of Giordano) … that includes Cory.”
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators are interested in Blue Jackets Derick Brassard, but he’s a bit of gamble with 2 years left at a $3.2 million cap hit.
- LA Daily News: The Kings put Mike Richards on the IR and activated Dustin Penner. Richards is expected to miss at least a few games. Willie Mitchell will miss several games with a lower body injury.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson missed last nights game with a pulled groin that he suffered at a bag skate. Peter Muller also injured his groin at the same skate.
- David Perron of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: David Perron will return to the Blues lineup tonight after missing more than a year with post-concussion syndrome.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom left after the 1st period last night with a lower-body injury. Coach Mike Yeo doesn’t think the injury is “extremely serious.”