Turris traded to Ottawa for Rundblad and pick
- Updated: December 17, 2011
The Phoenix Coyotes have traded forward Kyle Turris to the Ottawa Senators for defenseman David Rundblad and a 2nd round pick.
- Dan Tencer via twitter: The Coyotes have a nice young defensive core: Yandle, Ekman-Larsson, Rundblad, Gormley. The Senators also have excellent depth on the blueline, which allowed them to gamble on a player with a big upside.
- Gus Katsaros via twitter: Katsaros thinks it was a little over fair market value for Turris, which you could assume was driven by competition from other teams. The 2012 draft is rich in defenseman. The Senators may have felt they could replace Rundblad’s spot with another project.
Scouting notes on Turris (both the below scouts are worth a follow on twitter)
- Corey Pronman via twitter:
“Turris has high-end hockey sense, good skater, good puck handler, shooter etc. who needed lot of physical work.”
“On-ice work ethic was never a issue. Really seemed like a case of where the puzzle pieces didn’t fit together.”
“He’s still likely projects as a good #2 or 3, that is a top PP man. Both are still in their “projection” stage, but Rundblad has lower risk.”
- Gus Katsaros via twitter:
“Turris’ NHL point totals are a non-issue. Product of mismanagement and stagnated development .. Ottawa resets & uses their development plans”