Injury notes on Weber, Byfugien, Peverley, Koivu, Blake, Russell and Higgins
- Updated: December 28, 2011
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Barry Trotz said there is no timetable for Shea Weber’s return. He is holding out hope for Friday. Hard to predict concussion time frames.
- Gary Lawless via twitter: Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien was scratched last night due to a lower body injury. He’s had a knee issue for awhile.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: Bruins forward Rich Peverley practiced yesterday for the 1st time in 9 days. There is a good chance that he plays on New Year’s Eve.
- Jeff Miller of the OC Register: Ducks center Saku Koivu practiced yesterday and will be a game time decision on Thursday. Winger Jason Blake practiced with the team as well. Lines at yesterday’s practice: Niklas Hagman-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan-Nick Bonino-Teemu Selanne, Matt Beleskey-Andrew Cogliano-Andrew Gordon, Jean-Francois Jacques-Rod Pelley-George Parros, Kyle Palmieri-Saku Koivu-Jason Blake.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Blues defenseman Kris Russell left last night’s game in the 1st period with a lower-body injury. He’ll be re-evaluated today. Forward B.J. Crombeen was activated from the IR.
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: Canucks forward Chris Higgins may be out of the lineup with mysterious illness. He’s missed 2 games earlier this month from it.