29 GM are not reasonable … Avery waived … Myers injury taking longer to heal … Wisniewski out 6 weeks … Starting goalies
- Updated: December 30, 2011
- Brian Burke via twitter: “Always looking to upgrade our team in terms of trades! Always! 24/7! Not easy! The other 29 GM’s are simply not reasonable!”
- David Staples via twitter: “All those folks burning to trade Hemsky, what will you reasonably expect for him? Makes no sense to trade him at such low value.”
- Katie Strang via twitter: The Rangers have waived forward Sean Avery.
- Mike Harrington via twitter: The Sabres 4-6 week timeline for Tyler Myers injury was always very optimistic. Scaphoid injuries can be 8-12 weeks. John Vogl via twitter: Myers said there is no timeline on his return from wrist surgery:
“It’s not quite where it needs to be for me … to jump back in. It’s just taking a little longer than we hoped for. I’ll come back as soon as I’m ready. It’s just a matter of making sure I don’t come back too early to put it at risk for reinjury.”
Mike Heika via twitter: Stars forward Brenden Morrow didn’t practice but is still hoping to play tomorrow.
- Scott Howson via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski will be out 6 weeks with a fractured ankle.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Blues forward Alex Steen has concussion-like symptoms and won’t pay tonight. Oshie, Sobotka and Langenbrunner are in.
- Harvey Fialkov via twitter: Panthers forward Stephen Weiss is ready to go.
- Ottawa Senators via twitter: Alex Auld will start in net tonight for the Senators. Chris Phillips will be int he lineup.
- George Richards via twitter: Scott Clemmensen will start in net for the Panthers against the Rangers. Jose Theodore will start on New Years Eve against the Canadiens.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Tomas Vokoun will start in net for the Capitals against the Sabres.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tomorrow against the Penguins.