Getzlaf and Ryan want to stay … Lots of ‘Canes are available … ‘Hawks looking for trades … Feaster beside himself … Burke Audio
- Updated: 01/06/2012
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Both Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan have said they want to stay in Anaheim and be part of the solution. Bobby Ryan on GM Murray’s comments from Wednesday night:
“Obviously he wanted to light a fire,” Ryan said. “Absolutely. But I think the underlying message is, ‘Listen guys, if you don’t make a run, if you don’t do something here to win some games and salvage some of the season right now, then trades are going to be happen.
“At some point, we all have somebody to answer to, right? I’m sure he’s going to be pushed in a direction at some point as well. I think it’s the three of us [Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry] and whoever else has to grab hold of this right now and make a run.”
Getzlaf on Murray’s comments:
“I want to be part of it more than anything,” he said. ”In junior, I played for the same team my whole career and I kind of imagined the same things when I came here and still do. I don’t want to put Murph in a situation where he has to do something like that.”
- Luke DeCock of Raleigh News & Observer: If the Hurricanes are going to trade defenseman Bryan Allen, they’ll have to get him to waive his no-trade clause. Allen joins Tim Gelason, Tuomo Ruutu, Alexei Ponikarovsky and Jaroslav Spacek as players that will be surrounded by trade rumors until the trade deadline day on Feb. 27th.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has a knee injury that will keep him out for awhile, possibly longer than his 7 game suspension. Even before Carcillo’s injury, GM Bowman has been looking for trades possibilities.
“We’ve been looking for a while,” said Bowman, who added that a defenseman and/or center would be on his wish list. “If you were to talk to the other general manager’s — and I’ve talked to a lot of them recently — they’re looking for centermen and defensemen as well. Those are the positions that are most in demand.”
- Eric Stephens via twitter: The Ducks are hoping that Gordon and Smaby clear waivers today so they can be assigned to Syracuse.
- Josh Rimer via twitter: After getting blown out 9-0 last night … Flames GM Jay Feaster was “beside himself” and it was possible that a trade could have went down.
- Brian Burke Audio: Press conference with the Maple Leafs GM talking about Colton Orr clearing waivers, rats and the state of the game. Sean Fitz-Gerald vai twitter: Burke on trade talk details: “it’s classified. I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: 11 scouts from 10 teams were watching the Maple Leafs – Jets game last night. The Oilers had 2 there.