- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Sources are Wild center Mikko Koivu has a separated shoulder and will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Coach Mike Yeo called it an upper-body injury and that he’s listed as ‘week-to-week.’ GM Chuck Fletcher has been looking to make a trade before calling someone up. Goaltender Josh Harding maybe the only player who could bring back a top 6 forward. The Wild could look at Rangers Wojtek Wolski and Erik Christensen. The Blue Jackets may have taken Derick Brassard off the market after Scott Arniel’s firing. Possible rentals for the Wild are: Ales Hemsky, Vinny Prospal, and Tuomo Ruutu.
- Kukla’s Korner via twitter: Doug MacLean said on Fan 590 that he’s heard talk on Ducks tough guy George Parros possibly being traded to Vancouver. Bob McKenzie via twitter: McKenzie says that the Canucks and Ducks have not had a single conversation regarding Parros.
- Bill Watters via twitter: If the Hurricanes are unable to sign Tim Gleason and Tuomu Ruutu to contract extensions, they could move them before the trade deadline. Watter’s thinks they could both bring back a minimum of a 1st round pick.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers could look at bringing back Vinny Prospal from the Blue Jackets if the asking price is reasonable. Brooks thinks the Rangers should also see what it would cost to get Dominic Moore from the Lightning.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Capitals defenseman Jeff Schultz has found himself a healthy scratch for 13 of their past 15 games.
“I just want to play, that’s what it comes down to,” Schultz said. “Whether it’s here or somewhere else, I just want to play.”