Morning NHL rumors and injury notes involving: the Blackhawks, Stars, Tallinder, Bogosian, Ramo, Kolanos, Tanguay, Jagr, Martinek, Niittymaki
- Updated: January 20, 2012
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: The Blackhawks are letting everyone know what they would like to trade for. A defenseman for their 2nd pairing, and a veteran forward, preferably a 2nd line center. The Hawks haven’t talked to the Ducks who floated their big 3 and Francois Beauchemin earlier this month. In the Western Conference, only the Ducks, Oilers and Blue Jackets could be sellers so far. It would take a significant piece for Oilers Sam Gagner. In the Eastern Conference, the Sabres, Canadiens, NY Islanders, Lightning, Hurricanes and maybe the Jets could be sellers. The Sabres have Derek Roy, Drew Stafford and Brad Boyes but their price could be high. They should at least call about Tim Gleason and Tuomo Ruutu of the Hurricanes. Untouchable prospects could be Dylan Olsen, Kevin Hayes and Brandon Saad. Brandon Pirri, Jeremy Morin, Shawn Lalonde and Brian Connelly could interest some teams.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: (mailbag) If the Stars don’t sign Nicklas Grossman to a contract extension, they could trade him by the deadline. As for anyone else, that would depend on whether their buyers or sellers. If they are sellers, there should be some interest in Brenden Morrow, Sheldon Souray, Mark Fistric and Grossman. If they are in a playoff at the deadlines, would have to think they are buyers.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Devils defenseman Henrik Tallinder will be out 6 to 8 weeks with a blood clot in his lower left leg. He’s been bothered by a sore leg and an MRI yesterday revealed.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian could be ready to return tomorrow night. He’s missed 5 consecutive games with a lower-body injury.
- Vicki Hall via twitter: Flames GM Jay Feaster confirms that recently acquired goalie Karri Ramo has 1 year left on his KHL contract.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Jay Feaster confirms that they are considering signing Krys Kolanos to a 2 way deal.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Alex Tanguay will join the Flames in Edmonton and could play on Saturday. He’ll be cleared by doctors today and Sutter will decide Saturday morning if he’s playing or not.
- Roger Millions via twitter: Flames forward Curtis Glencross was put on the IR and out at least 7 days. MRI results are not in yet.
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on a Jaromir Jagr deal: “We’ve had some talks. I don’t really want to comment any further on that right now. We’ve talked about it.”
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman Radek Martinek will miss the rest of the season with a concussion. They’ve signed Brett Lebda to a 1 year deal.
- Craig Custance via twitter: Sharks goalie Antero Niittymaki will play for Worchester of AHL on Friday and Saturday. Interested teams will get a chance to scout him.