- Chris Johnston via twitter: 1st 3 years are at $4.25 million. The last year Liles will get $2.75 million.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Liles contract extension with the Maple Leafs if for 4 years, a $3.875 million salary cap hit.
- Pierre LeBrun of TSN is reporting that Leafs will announce a 4 year contract extension for John-Michael Liles.
- Michael Traikos via twitter: If the Leafs do sign Liles for 4 years, it seems lot considering they have Gardiner, Jesse Blacker and Stuart Percy in the system.
- Michael Triakos via twitter: “I have to believe that the
#Leafs would not be re-signing Liles unless they were planning to move another puck-moving D-man before deadline.”
- Steve Dangle via twitter: Dangle notes Lefas Dmen with expiring contracts: Franson (RFA), Aulie (RFA), Finger (UFA), Gysbers (RFA), Holzer (RFA), Lashoff (RFA). Mikus (RFA).
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: There is speculation that the Maple Leafs and John-Michael Liles are closing in on a multi year contract extension. He is set to be a UFA after the season.
- James Mirtle via twitter: One big worry for the Maple Leafs would be Liles concussion issue. Another issue with the Leafs signing Liles is the salary cap. It was widely believed the Leafs would only re-sign one of Liles or Mikhail Grabovski.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Liles has a salary of $4.55 million this season, with a $4.2 million salary cap hit.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson’s contract situation is getting more interesting as the season moves on.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Grabovski’s name has surfaced in the rumor mill. He’ll be a UFA after the season, and would get some interest on the trade market. He has been a solid player and it may be hard to let him go, and it could have a negative affect on Nikolai Kulemin.
- TSN 1050 Radio: Darren Dreger and James Mirtle talk Leafs. Teams calling about Grabovski, MacArthur and defenseman.