If Canes go with a total rebuild, could Ward be moved? Canucks-Wings may have interest Moen … Sidney skates … Peckham rumors
- Updated: January 28, 2012
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Garrioch touches on Suter saying he won’t sign a deal before the deadline. The Preds could move his rights at the draft, and the Flyers would definitely be interested. If the Sabres decide to trade Derek Roy, there should be plenty of interest. The Panthers could be looking for a defenseman, and Jaroslav Spacek could be a target. If the Hurricanes decide on a total rebuild, Eric Staal isn’t going anywhere, but some are wondering if Cam Ward will be part of the solution. He has a $6.3 million cap hit through 2014-15 and there would be interest. All of the Islanders pending UFAs are being shopped, including” P.A. Parenteau, Frans Nielsen, Mark Eaton and Steve Staois. The Canadiens would move Andrei Kostitsyn in a heartbeat.
- Darren Dreger of TSN: (mailbag) LeBrun noted that the Canucks would like a guy like Travis Moen. Dreger adds that the Red Wings will/have shown some interest in Moen. The Wings could show interest in Brendan Morrow if he’s available. Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier is willing to move pending UFAs in Hal Gill, Chris Campoli, Travis Moen and Andrei Kostitsyn. They could have interest in Derek Roy.
- Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins center Sidney Crosby has started skating in Los Angeles. Crosby is in LA meeting with a neurological spine surgeon. Crosby also skated last week while he was in Atlanta visiting a chiropractor who specializes in neurological treatment. There is still no timetable on his return and GM Rya Shero said he won’t return until he’s symptom free.
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal: Willis touches on Garrioch’s mention that Oilers defenseman Theo Peckham is getting some interest. He has a physical edge and he can kill penalties, but he is also on the bottom pairing of a weak team. If the Oilers do have interest in trading him, it may be because Colten Teubert is on his way. The Oilers likely won’t get much in return for him if they do move him.