Afternoon notes involving: Parise, Moore, Visnovsky, Blake, Suter, Ruutu, Morrow, O’Reilly, Theodore, lines and starting goalies
- Updated: January 31, 2012
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils forward Zach Parise said there have been no contract negotiations, but he still wants to stay in New Jersey.
- Craig Custance and Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Lightning Dominic Moore would be a nice addition to many playoff bound teams. If the Ducks can’t get back in the playoff race, defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky could become available. Winger Jason Blake could also becomes available.
- Kevin Allen of the USA Today: Ryan Suter knows the Predators will pay market value, though the sides haven’t talked serious numbers. Suter hasn’t signed as he’s waiting for them to show him that they’ll compete for the Stanley Cup this year, and in the future. It seems unlikely that David Poile would trade Suter. Tuomo Ruutu would be a good fit with the Predators. Poile may be looking for a long-term addition as well.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Responding to James Murphy’s question on where will the Blues trade goalie Ben Bishop: The Lightning, Blue Jackets, Maple Leafs, Devils, Hurricanes and Anaheim … teams that need goaltending or who have piece the Blues would want.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes Tuomo Ruutu has had no negotiations with the team. Ruutu on trade rumors: “I’ve heard rumors I’m going to every team in the NHL. … I hear that stuff but there’s nothing I can do.”
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars forward Brenden Morrow has been activated from the IR.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: The Coyotes have put Cal O’Reilly on re-entry waivers.
- Harvey Fialkov via twitter: Panthers coach Dineen says that Jose Theodore is still his starter but is not happy with his last 2 games.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers lines: Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan, Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust, Rupp-Anisimov-Mitchell.
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames lines: Tanguay-Backlund-Iginla; Comeau-Jokinen-Cammalleri; Bouma-Jones-Stempniak; Kostopoulos-Stajan-Jackman.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Jaromir Jagr will be in the lineup tonight. Ilya Bryzgalov will start in net for the Flyers tonight against the Jets.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils against Martin Biron and the New York Rangers.
- Pens Inside Scoop: Marc-Andre Fleury will start in net for the Penguins.