Oils want a Dman … Bruins want depth … MacArthur “Rumors suck” … CSKA wants Radulov … Koivu close … Filatov demoted … Starting goalies
- Updated: January 31, 2012
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC: Don’t be surprised if Predators GM David Poile announces that he won’t trade Ryan Suter. The Preds were one team who sent a private jet to pick up there All-Stars: Suter, Shea Weber and Craig Smith. The Oilers are letting teams know they want a defenseman if/when they trade some of their assets. Bruins coach Claude Julien would like to see them add an experienced depth defenseman and a depth forward.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: The Maple Leafs and Mikhail Grabovski are not involved in serious contract talks. Grabovski shrugs off trade rumors that involve him as part of a package. Clarke MacArthur’s name is also coming up in rumors.
“There is always something every day,” MacArthur said. “Usually if I don’t hear it, I get a text message from someone saying they heard a rumour. It’s tiring, it’s hard on you, but it is a part of the job.
“(Rumours) suck, but what are you going to do? If you look close, I have a few grey hairs.”
The Leafs have been linked to Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan, Ales Hemsky, Tuomo Ruutu and Ryane Clowe recently.
- Gordon McIntyre of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks need to add a top 4 defenseman as insurance and some grit up front. Mason Raymond will hear is name is rumors often. The Canucks could use someone like Travis Moen.
- Slava Malamud via twitter: CSKA is making a pitch for Alexander Radulov with intent of signing him to a long-term contract. CSKA has lots of oil money. Radulov has a “gentleman’s agreement” with Salavat that he can leave for the NHL (Preds) this summer despite his contract. CSKA is trying to buy his rights.
- BD Gallof via twitter: Gallof says not to assume that the Islanders will trade Evgeni Nabokov.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks defenseman Brent Burns is expected to return tonight. Forward Ryane Clowe status is uncertain.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild Guillaume Latendresse and Mikko Koivu were practicing yesterday, but neither’s return is imminent. Josh Harding will start tonight.
“They’re going to need some time getting acclimated to the group again and getting involved in practices and doing things at game speed and executing at that level before they can jump into the lineup,” said Yeo, adding that he believes Koivu is “much closer” to playing than Latendresse.
- Pavel Lysenkov via twitter: Nikita Filatov has been assigned to the CSKA’s minor league team.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: Leafs coach Ron Wilson doesn’t expect John-Michael Liles, Colby Armstrong and Darryl Boyce to play tonight. Wednesday is a possibility.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning’s Ryan Malone and Marc-Andre Bergeron won’t play tonight. Mathieu Garon will start in net.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Canucks tonight against the Blackhawks.
- David Alter via twitter: Jonas Gustavsson will start in net tonight against the Penguins. Wednesday’s starter is not determined yet.